Atlantis Rising: Monstrosities
Atlantis still needs you!
The gods will spare no effort to destroy Atlantis. From the hidden depths of the world they have called forth unspeakable terrors, monsters sent to destroy, frighten, and harry the Atlantean effort to save their civilization. But hope is not lost. On Atlantis, as new leaders rise up to answer the challenge, new powers also emerge to save the isle. And the gods have summoned a power even they cannot control, for some of these creatures are more sympathetic to Atlantis than to the cruel and petty gods.
Monstrosities is an expansion for Atlantis Rising that offers three new challenges:
- Medusa Unleashed, in which the gorgon Medusa turns Atlanteans to stone. Can you break her curse and recruit her to your side?
The Harpies’s Lair, in which three monstrous, birdlike creatures steal the resources and workers you need to build the Cosmic Gate. Can you defeat the Harpies and win back the treasures found in their lair?
- Between Scylla & Charybdis, in which the monsters that have long doomed sailors leave their narrow straight and terrorize the shores of Atlantis. Can you satisfy their hunger and calm the waters surrounding the isle?
Four new mechanisms are introduced in the game:
- Magic Items
- 5 double-sided councilor player boards
- 3 monster scenario reference boards
- 1 automaton solo player board
- 12 ally boards
- 6 location tiles
- 14 cosmic gate component tiles
- 32 punchboard tokens
- 60 bridge/standard-American cards: 38 misfortunes, 17 library cards, and 5 magic items
- 10 mini-European cards: 4 potions and 6 spirits
- 15 tarot cards for use with the Hologram
- 54 wooden pieces—6 monsters, 12 allies, 12 Atlantean followeres, and 2 service robots for solo play
- 1 rulebook